For this assignment, you will be asked to reflect on what we have learned in the last unit. You will need to choose from one of the below news articles and talk about how the company discussed in the article is either conducting their HR practices according to what we’ve learned in course (serving as a good example of what to do) or is not conducting their HR practices appropriately (serving as an example of what NOT to do).
This article will be written in the format of a blog post where you inform the reader on a number of things:
- Summary of what the article is about and what HR actions the company is taking,
- Summary of the relevant class material on the topic that relates to the article, and
3a. Why this company serves as a good example of how HR activities should be conducted based on the material we learned in class
3b. Why this company serves as an example of what NOT to do in HR based on the topics that we have covered in the past unit.
Your response should be exactly three paragraphs long (a paragraph is defined as approximately 4-6 sentences and your paragraphs should not exceed this length). One paragraph should be dedicated to each number above. You will be graded on both the content of your post and the spelling/grammar of your post so please proofread your work. You also must include a citation for the source of your article (can be either MLA or APA format) and must also include the link to the article itself. You will not be able to delete or edit your post once you submit it so please make sure it is finalized before hitting submit. You will also not be able to view other students’ submissions until you have submitted your assignment.
You must use one of the following three articles:
- https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/hr-topics/people-managers/pages/performance-reviews-during-coronavirus-.aspx (Links to an external site.)
- https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/01/04/air-force-will-employ-influencers-boost-recruitment-2021.html (Links to an external site.)
- https://hbr.org/2020/06/how-to-design-a-better-hiring-process (Links to an external site.)
Current Events Rubric – Overall Points Breakdown
Summary of Article
Summary of Relevant Course Material
Critique of Company (Either Good or Bad)
Clarity and Mechanics