Write an 8-10 page (not including cover or reference pages) critique of a peer-reviewed research article. The Submission must be double- spaced, 12-point font, and adhere to APA style. It must include a cover page and a reference page and must be submitted as a Word document via the IC system.
RESEARCH ARTICLE ATTACHED (ASSOCIATION BETWEEN SOCIAL SUPPORT AND RECOVERY)
A critique is a detailed analysis – not a recap or summary.
Number and Label the following headings and be sure to address each item thoroughly:
- Introduction: Identify your article
- Purpose: Briefly describe the purpose of the research study
- Variables: Identify and explain the Independent and Dependent
Variable(s) used in the research study you have selected (Module 1). You must explicitly state, “The independent variable is…” and “the dependent variable is…”
- Sample: identify and explain the strengths and limitations of the sample of participants used in this research study (Module 3)
- Validity: identify all the possible internal and external threats to validity from the research study you have identified (Module 4)
- Ethics: Identify the ethical considerations for the people who were recruited to participate in this research study (Module 5)
- Statistical Testing: Describe the statistical tests used and discuss why they were or were not appropriate (Modules 6-8)
- Comparison with the Literature: Compare and contrast the research findings from the research study you have identified with at least one other research article on the same or similar