Each member of the CLC group will individually choose and interview one leader. You may not interview a family member. Examples of leaders include but are not limited to former or current managers or supervisors, educational leaders, civic/business leaders, and religious leaders. This interview can take place over the phone, through email, or in person.
- What are the most important qualities an effective leader should have?
- What are the qualities you want most in an employee? Why?
- Who has had the most influence on how you lead? Why?
- In what areas would you like to improve your Leadership?
- What impact does your company/business has on the community?
- What inspired you as a leader to do your line of work?
After conducting the interview, CLC team members will individually create a leadership profile of their chosen leader in a PowerPoint presentation. The PowerPoint presentations must be a total of five or six slides per CLC team member. The following must be included in each individual leadership profile:
- An introduction slide that introduces the chosen leader.
- A justification for choosing that particular leader.
- A summary of the answers to the interview questions.
- A description of the leadership model with which the leader seems most closely aligned.
After CLC team members have created their individual leadership profiles, the group will compile the individual team members’ slide sets into a group PowerPoint presentation (20-24 slides, based on a four-person group). For the combined group presentation, create one or two additional slides (for a total of 22-26 slides, based on a four-person group) to provide the following information:
- A summary that describes any characteristics of servant Leadership displayed by any of the leaders.
- Other commonalities among the leaders, in terms of values, beliefs, and impact on the community.
All content sections of your assignment should have supporting citations to strengthen your claims.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.