The following are common myths related to poverty and homelessness:
- Poor people are lazy
- Handouts are bankrupting America
- Homeless people are drug addicts
- Homelessness is a “city” problem
- All children, even poor children, can do well in school and have equal opportunity in school.
- Few U.S. children are homeless
Choose 3 of these myths and explain why they are not true. Be sure to provide evidence by citing the course lectures and readings that support your arguments.
Respond to at least 3 other classmates by explaining if you agree or disagree and why.