In preparation for Capstone projects in your final year, and in order to meet the relevant Learning Outcomes for this module (please see Module Guide), this assignment is designed to help you develop the skills involved in planning and designing small-scale research projects in Management and/or Marketing. With this in mind, the assignment requires you to work through the following process:
• Choosing a topic
• Searching and reviewing literature
• Critically evaluating published research
• Identifying research aims and questions • Selecting suitable case studies for analysis
• Starting to develop a research plan (i.e, deciding what data you what you would collect and analyse) For this assignment, you must write a 1,500 word Research Plan focusing on ONE of the topics listed below. Once you have chosen your topic, you should complete the following seven sections (ideally using the headings and structure suggested): 1. Introduction: Topic, Research Question and Road Map for the Coursework: In this first section, briefly introduce your chosen research topic, state your research question, and provide an outline (“road map”) for the coursework assignment (i.e, say what you will do, and in what order). Tip: Don’t write this section until you have finished writing the rest of the document – it is always best to write your introduction, and provide a road map, once you know exactly what rest of the document will be saying.
2. Key Terms: List the five best key terms you have used to search for relevant academic literature on your topic, explaining why these terms have proven to be the most appropriate for your literature search. There may be a very large body of published work on your topic, or not very much at all, depending on how emergent the topic is within management and marketing research. Your aim is to focus, not to try to cover everything — so try not to be too broad. Your key terms may change as you do your search, and come across more relevant or useful terms, but list the five that have proven most appropriate in the write-up of your coursework assignment.